RM Sotheby’s will be auctioning off an extraordinary display of supercars at Pebble Beach, including an Enzo once owned by Pope John Paul II, two Bugatti Veyrons, a McLaren F1, a Ferrari 275 GTB and others.
For its big auction event held at this August’s Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance at Monterey this year, RM Sotheby’s is throwing out phrases like “The Pinnacle Portfolio” and “An Unrepeatable Opportunity.” And the company has good reason to, as the list of cars going under the hammer – all belonging to the same unnamed collector – is simply incredible. The one that caught our eye was Ferrari Enzo number 400, the car donated to the Vatican in 2004. But, it’s by no means the only special car here.
There’s a brace of Bugatti Veyrons, a Ferrari 250 LM, one of only two McLaren F1s factory upgraded to LM specification, A Porsche 959 and a Lamborghini Reventon. Oh, and a Koenigsegg CCXR. And a Saleen S7. No estimates have been given just yet, but each is pretty much guaranteed to fetch a rather significant figure when auctioned off on 13 August.
The full list of cars – images of which can be seen on RM Sotheby’s website – is below. If you could have just one, what would it be?
- 2006 Bugatti Veyron 16.4
- 2012 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport
- 1959 Ferrari 250 GT LWB California Spider by Scaglietti
- 1964 Ferrari 250 LM by Scaglietti
- 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4 by Scaglietti
- 1985 Ferrari 288 GTO
- 1972 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Spider by Scaglietti
- 1974 Ferrari Dino 246 GTS
- 2005 Ferrari Enzo
- 1994 Ferrari F40 LM
- 1995 Ferrari F50
- 1993 Jaguar XJ220
- 2008 Koenigsegg CCXR
- 1971 Lamborghini Miura P400 SV by Bertone
- 2008 Lamborghini Reventón
- 2005 Maserati MC12
- 1998 McLaren F1 “The Road Going LM”
- 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Alloy Gullwing
- 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
- 1956 Porsche 356 A 1600 Speedster by Reutter
- 1988 Porsche 959 ‘Komfort’
- 2005 Saleen S7 Twin Turbo
- 1967 Toyota 2000GT